You are needed!
Retired, and looking for something purposeful to do with all your free time? Something new to expand what you have achieved into meaningful community engagement?
Consider becoming a Redefining Retirement Matchmaker! The Bergen Volunteer Center is actively seeking experienced professionals for 4 – 6 hours a month to help launch an exciting new program: Redefining Retirement. The Mission: To be the go-to leader connecting retirees seeking engagement in their communities with nonprofits seeking volunteers, and to enable them, together, to turn caring into meaningful action.
The Redefining Retirement Matchmaker will help to recruit and connect retired volunteers throughout Bergen County with nonprofits who need volunteers with specific skills to help them best serve their communities and achieve their goals. The Bergen Volunteer Center will provide training and materials to guide recruiting, interviewing, and training.
- To advocate for the experience, skills, work ethics, and value seasoned workers bring to the volunteer “workforce”
- To work with the Volunteer Center to coordinate recruitment of age-friendly nonprofit agencies and retirees looking to volunteer in them
- To assess those nonprofits’ specific skills-based or general volunteer needs.
- To assess prospective volunteers’ interests, experience, commitment, and general qualifications to connect them with the nonprofits looking for volunteers who bring the skills they need to succeed
- Understanding and appreciating the roles retired volunteers can play in their communities
- Passionate about community involvement
- Knowledge about the nonprofit sector in Bergen County
- Flexibility, dependability
- Personable, intuitive, articulate, open-minded self-starter
- Social Work, Human Resources, Leadership and/or Management experience
- Experience recruiting, interviewing, and training in a for-profit or nonprofit business environment
- Previous volunteer experience in the nonprofit sector, working with older adults