SCORE, while staffed with all volunteers, requires a well managed budget to provide the free services to our clients. We receive funds from various grant sources and disburse it to cover various costs like marketing, advertising and miscellaneous operating costs. The assistant treasurer would help with the following duties of the treasurer:
- Handle the receipt and disbursement of all chapter revenues and expenditures.
- Maintain an accurate record of all financial transactions.
- Balance accounts on a monthly basis.
- Submit monthly treasurer’s report to the chapter chair.
- Account for money, property and in-kind gifts to the chapter.
- Keep records for tax and safekeeping purposes and sees that proper federal, state and/or local tax and other chapter financial reports are duly filed.
This role requires occasional (monthly or less) daytime meetings at our Hackensack office.